Correct Word Usage
The Usage section is designed to address common errors on English word usage ESL learners and teachers often make. Every post answers a specific question on word usage through various examples and straightforward explanations. One word or expression is discussed at a time to allow clear comprehension and thorough understanding of the word usage rule.
Send us questions related to English word usage at email@example.com and receive advice and help based on top ESL references.
- How to use "For"?
- How to Use “Only” Correctly?
- How to Use “Majority” Correctly?
- Can You Replace ‘Of Which’ with ‘Whose’?
- When to Use "Say" Instead of "Tell"?
- Why “Your” Cannot Be Used in Place of “You’re”?
- How to Use "At Any Rate" Correctly?
- When to Use "For" Instead of "Since"?
- How to Use "Once" Correctly?
- How to Use "For What It's Worth"?
- Which is Right: "I hate being shouted." or "I hate being shouted at."?
- How to Use "Pass by" Correctly?